HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Top 25 lies told by freelancers and clients

Go down 

PostSubject: Top 25 lies told by freelancers and clients   Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 am

Top business lies told by freelancers:

1. I’m really excited about your project = I’m really excited about your money
2. I’m flexible to meet anytime this week = I have no work on at the moment
3. I’ve been working on that all morning = I’ll start on that this afternoon
4. I’ve scheduled that in for tomorrow = @#$% I forgot about that, but I’ve just written it down (LOL!)
5. I’m booked out for the next few months = I don’t like you, or your business
6. Do you have a budget in mind? = Can I get away with charging even more than usual?
7. I love the flexibility of freelancing = I love taking my time to look for a full-time job

Top business lies told by clients:

1. Your invoice has been processed = I did print your invoice, but left it on the printer
2. We want something really ‘out there’ and quirky = We want something really conservative
3. I’ll send you a full brief early this week = I’ll send you a wad of random documents next week
4. Can you just throw something together? = Can you do a proper job but charge a lot less?
5. Can you give me a ballpark figure? = Exactly how much will it be? I’ll hold you to it later.
6. That’s definitely a phase two requirement = That’s definitely never going to happen
7. We nurture long-term supplier relationships = Well we do, as long as they’re the cheapest

Freelancer: a person who works as a writer, designer, performer, or the like, selling work or services by the hour, day, job, etc., rather than working on a regular salary basis for one employer.

Ok, so I lied, I only have 14, but 25 attracted your attention, right? Crazy

Don't spend hours trying to PM someone about something you don't understand. F***ing Google it, idiot. You are on the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 25 lies told by freelancers and clients   Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:31 am

nice, I knew that 25 would be too good to be true = =" lols XD

Sometimes, there's always a question nagging at that small place in your brain. Ask someone, and get your answer. That's how life is, very, very, peachy.
Back to top Go down
Top 25 lies told by freelancers and clients
Page 1 of 1