theHIKARI Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Read First before starting Debates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
x3KurokawaAkirax3
Administrator
x3KurokawaAkirax3

Read First before starting Debates Empty
PostSubject: Read First before starting Debates   Read First before starting Debates EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 11:04 am

A few Debating Forum Rules:
Read First or suffer the consequences!!!

* Do not PERSONALLY insult someone. No name calling or insulting someone’s background and/or beliefs. You can win a debate without doing these things.

* GRAMMAR. Use it. Go over your posts if you have to. Just try to post statements that make sense to the rest of us.

* Legibility. Make sure your posts are legible. Write things out, don’t abbreviate. Make sure others will be able to understand what you are trying to say.

* Thread length. Do not create another thread after 20 pages. A mod will do this when they believe it to be necessary.

* Closing threads. No, I will not close your thread because you want me to close it. Don't bother asking. I will close it when I or another mod sees fit. Just because you think the topic is over with, doesn't mean someone else doesn't want to continue debating.

* Seriousness. Do not make stupid little comments or jokes. These posts will be deleted. If they are crude, you may get an infraction.

* Debate doesn't make sense? If it doesn't make sense, report it. If the mods deem it a worthy thread, do not post that you "do not understand." Don't post until you completely and fully understand what is being debated.

* If you cannot handle people picking your posts apart, DO NOT POST HERE!!

* Try to provide some actual evidence. Statistics or links to certain articles and websites are all great things to have. It supports the point you are trying to make and it shows the rest of us you aren’t lying to make yourself look better.

* DO NOT quote someone and write a one word post. I will delete these particular posts. I find them worthless and space consuming. If you post and come back later to find that it is no longer there, I probably deleted it, so DO NOT re-post it and DO NOT post in the thread asking why it was deleted.

* No one sentence answers! If I see any of those, I will delete them. Some, I will accept if they make a point but most add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand.

* If there are no replies to a new thread within a 24 hour period, it will be deleted.

* Give an opinion or retort. Don’t just agree with someone. Add to the debate!

* BEFORE creating a thread, search the forum because it may already exist. If your thread and another are similar but are titled differently DO NOT POST IT.

* Report anything you find offensive. Do not be afraid. If you think something is insulting or derogative, report it. The report button is on the bottom left of any post.

* Don't be stupid. If you have nothing intelligent to say, then DON'T SAY IT.

* Have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://akiraupdates.webs.com
Akemi
Administrator
Akemi

PostSubject: Re: Read First before starting Debates   Read First before starting Debates EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Adding to that,

* No useless debating topics, such as, "Which came first, the egg or the hen?". Clearly you cannot get anywhere with that topic and it will be considered as spam.
One exception is that it can be used as an example/quote, relating to "Religion or the Big Bang theory?"

Referring to Aki-chan's quote:
x3KurokawaAkirax3 wrote:
A few Debating Forum Rules:
Read First or suffer the consequences!!!

* Don't be stupid. If you have nothing intelligent to say, then DON'T SAY IT.

She really just mean, "Don't insult", and "Don't post useless things if they don't contribute to the debate".
If you would not like an infraction, but not sure if it is useless, go into a deeper explanation to reach the audience. This also relates to making your topic understandable.

Oh, and ABS is a good website for finding statistics -- it has nearly everything.

I'm not pretty good at most debates unless I have a clear understanding.
Debating is for fun, and most of the time for answers.

Well, I'm up for a challenge. Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
http://thehikari.omgforum.net
x3KurokawaAkirax3
Administrator
x3KurokawaAkirax3

PostSubject: Re: Read First before starting Debates   Read First before starting Debates EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Also, I think I had forgot to mention this earlier.

No full scale religious war. Please, fighting is not welcomed AT ALL here so be polite.

I do not want to see people taking sides and throwing flames at each other. Anyone caught trying to this will be warned once. If caught doing it again INTENTIONALLY will be BANNED. If you have a GOOD reason as to WHY you started this, or you unintentionally started, then make it good. Otherwise, you will be banned pernamently.

As I said earlier, argue the POINT, NOT the person.
Back to top Go down
http://akiraupdates.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Read First before starting Debates   Read First before starting Debates Empty

Back to top Go down

Read First before starting Debates
Page 1 of 1